Domain Name Transfer
Domain Name Transfer
Transfer domain name to us
You can transfer your domain to us from any another registrar. You’ll need to prepare your domain name at your current registrar before completing the steps with us. If your domain is already registered with us, you can move your domain to another account.
Prepare for transfer: To prepare your domain name for transfer, you’ll need to complete a few steps with your current registrar.
Unlock the domain name with your current registrar: Confirm the domain is unlocked. You’ll see a green check mark next to Unlock the domain. If this section is not green, you’ll need to verify with your current registrar that your domain is unlocked.
Get domain name transfer authorization code: also known as an EPP code or transfer key or domain secret key from your current registrar.
Verify contact information on your domain name: The administrator’s contact information may be used by your current registrar during the transfer process.
Initiate the transfer: Once you’ve prepared your domain name, you can finish the process.
- Enter the domain name to transfer the domain name
- Enter your Authorization Code
- Click Continue
- Select your domain privacy options, and click Continue.
- Choose your payment method, and click Complete Purchase to finish checkout.
Note: Domains are not eligible for transfer to another registrar if they are within 60 days of registration or a previous transfer, or if a customer opted-in to apply a 60-day transfer lock after a Change of Registrant. Domain transfers can take 7 to 10 days to complete.
Register .COM, .NET, .ORG and other popular domain names in any one of over 100 native languages, ranging from Afrikaans to Vietnamese. Search using English or native …
Domain Name Transfer Notes
Check the status of domain name transfer
When transferring a domain name to or from another domain registrar, you can check the status of the transfer. This will give you information on when the transfer was initiated and if any additional steps are needed to process the transfer.
- Log in to your Domain Control Panel.
- From the Domains menu, select Transfers:
- Under the Pending Transfers heading, select the appropriate option:
- If the domain is moving to your account, select Transfers In.
- If the domain is moving from your account, select Transfers Out.
Review the details for pending domain name transfers. You can see when the transfer was initiated and the status of the transfer. Select the domain name directly to learn more about the transfer status, including any additional required steps.
Troubleshoot domain name transfers
- Error: Domain locked – You must unlock your domain name at your current registrar, and then you can restart the incoming domain transfer.
- Error: Invalid authorization code – You entered an invalid authorization code for your incoming domain transfer. Enter the correct authorization code in your account.
- Error: Transfer rejected – Your current registrar rejected your domain name transfer. Contact your current registrar to resolve outstanding issues, and then repurchase the transfer in your account with us.
- If your domain name is stuck in “No action required: Initializing status”: In most cases, this status means that we are processing your domain name transfer and you don’t need to do anything. If the message is still there after the normal 5-7 day transfer time frame, your domain may be ineligible for transfer. You cannot transfer a domain if it is within 60 days of registration or a previous transfer. Your domain will remain in this status for up to 30 days after purchase. If it becomes eligible for transfer during that time, we’ll automatically restart the incoming domain transfer for you.
- If you did not receive the domain transfer authorization code required to authorize the transfer: Make sure your administrative email is accurate at your current domain registrar. If you did not receive an authorization code, your current registrar can assist with retrieving it.
*Price excludes applicable taxes and ICANN fees.